25 Eastern Writing Prompts
Above are some useful techniques. Choose one or a handful and apply them to the Easter writing prompts in this section. A systematic approach, where you write based on one prompt per day will do wonders for both your writing skills and your thinking skills. On this page alone, you could have 125 different combinations of technique and prompt to fill your writing schedule. As Chuck Close put it, "Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work."
→ Adventure ←
1. A boy from the city spends his first Easter in the country at his friend's house and is amazed that they paint Easter eggs instead of buying plastic eggs from the store.
2. As the boy was about to bite the head off of his chocolate Easter bunny, he suddenly remembered the rabbit in the nightmare he'd had just before waking up.
3. The small group of expats thought their Easter celebration in Xian would draw criticism from the locals, but instead it turned into a popular attraction for the city.
4. Trying to reanimate a corpse to scientifically test the validity of the resurrection story had seemed like a good idea until the SWAT team showed up in his basement.
5. Wanting to add another video to his YouTube channel about cultural differences, a young man and his girlfriend spent Easter in the Holy Land.
→ All in the Family ←
6. A mom thought she wouldn't like her daughter's idea of passing out Easter candy to homeless people, but once they got started she saw its inherent brilliance.
7. After chasing her son all over the house the evening after the big Easter egg hunt, a young mom swore that next year she'd make sure the kid ate less candy.
8. Easter was the one time of the year when the middle-aged corporate lawyer recalled the joys of childhood as he shopped for holiday gifts for his nephews and nieces.
9. Helping his daughter's girl scout troop make Easter baskets to raise money proved to be quite exhilarating, despite being bone tired from having worked all night.
10. Mowing the lawn after the big Easter egg hunt proved to be a really bad idea after he ran over the third rotten egg and had to take cover inside the toolshed.
→ Being Social ←
11. A group of parents in the neighborhood got together to create an Easter scavenger hunt for their teenagers, hoping to foster a greater sense of community.
12. He and his fellow gamers spent the night before Easter trying to find as many Easter eggs as they could in their video games and movies.
13. Not wanting to be outdone by their religious counterparts, the local atheist club hosted an anti-Easter party, where everyone dressed up like foxes.
14. She'd thought organizing a community Easter egg hunt would be an easy way to get her community service credits, until she met the mayor's daughter.
15. The entire neighborhood showed up every Easter to see how the crazy cat lady dressed up all seventeen of her cats as the Easter Bunny each year.
→ On the Job ←
16. After reading the latest issue of Asimov's Science Fiction, the teen author decided to write a story about how Easter would be celebrated in outer space in the future.
17. After so many years playing Santa Claus in department stores, the elderly man was surprised at how difficult it was to get a job as the Easter Bunny at the big new mall.
18. In between novel projects, the middle-aged author decided to finally try her hand at writing a children's book about Easter.
19. The group of marketing executives had been very excited to volunteer together at a charity on Easter, until their arch-nemesis, the new CFO, showed up.
20. Wanting to boost traffic to his graphic arts website, the twenty-something entrepreneur held an Easter egg design contest on the Internet.
→ Student Life ←
21. A twelve-year-old girl brought her dad for moral support when she went to interview a pagan priest to learn about the origins of Easter traditions for her term paper.
22. For her final class project in Tele-journalism, a sophomore university student interviewed a panel of religious leaders about their Easter traditions.
23. The new college graduate spends her first Easter back home but has a difficult time getting up early for her family's traditional sunrise church service.
24. Three middle school boys thought it would be funny to have their picture taken with the Easter bunny at the mall, until a group of tween girls started laughing at them.
25. When a group of college students decided to celebrate Easter in a casino in Las Vegas, four of them returned to school the next week as newlyweds.