Who Are You?
Do any of these descriptions sound like you? If so, you're in the right place.
* Aspiring Writer … You just finished reading the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (all fourteen books, plus the prequel). You've caught the writing bug. It's your destiny. You dropped out of engineering school to sink or swim as a writer.
* Author … You've been writing for a while now. You feel pretty confident in your craft. But you know there's always room for improvement. (Hey, maybe the inspiration for your next bestseller is waiting for you here.)
* Middle School Student … Your teacher gave you a writing assignment. It's due tomorrow. You're stuck because it's so vague. Something like … Write an essay about the French Revolution. All you can think about is getting some french fries.
* High School or College Student … That annoying standardized test is coming up. Your mom told you she'd buy you skis and a season pass to Aspen if you pass the test. But you know it's mostly essay questions. You're determined to hit the slopes.
* Teacher … You're tired of the writing assignments in your government-issue curriculum. They're about as exciting as the IRS tax code. Your students regularly turn into mindless zombies whenever they hear the word writing.
* A Lost Soul… You recently moved to Bakersfield in an ill-fated attempt to find yourself through journaling and hanging out in honky tonk bars. (Who knows? You might be the next Merle Haggard.)